Tuesday 7 February 2012

FASHION NEWS: INSPIRED BY THE SIXTIES


With a vert stylish nod to the 60s, Claudia Schiffer's S/S12 cashmere collection has been inspired by Jane Birkin, one of the decade's most enduring fashion icons. She tells Vogue: "I looked to Jane Birkin pictures as a starting point. I thought about what she would wear in different locations around the world - Paris, Ibiza and London - and how I would interpret that for myself."

The range - which follow hot on the heels of last year's debut and is in store now - features a host of must-haves perfect for in between seasons. "I chose a finer weight cashmere knitted in a lighter gauge for the summer collection," explains the supermodel. "It's very soft and not too warm to wear, as cashmere allows your skin to breath. I also played with styles that hang from the body, to allow movement and comfort in the warmer weather."

Featuring super-soft, slouchy jumper dresses and retro-style shifts, the new season line is chic and easy to wear. "I think about styles that can transcend seasons and are investment pieces rather than the next It trend. The boyfriend sweater dress or cape dress are good examples of this, in neutral tones they can be worn from season to season and updated with of the moment accessories."

No comments:

Post a Comment